We currently have four food truck partners. These trucks work with us on events, projects, and community involvement. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to partner with us!
Once a Wistar science researcher, owner Jihed Chehimi followed his gut and created a truck that has now become a classic Penn food truck, Chez Yasmine. Drawing from his travels, Jihed creates international gourmet food ranging from sandwiches and soups to salads and couscous. He prides himself on quality, healthy ingredients and provides a bottle of water and piece of fruit with each purchase. Follow Chez Yasmine on Facebook for updates or visit them on 37th and Spruce from 11 AM – 4 PM.
- Le Bastien/Chicken Wistar: Brie, chicken, avocado, and basil pesto in a sandwich all at food truck price? Delicious.
- Any or all of the various couscous: These are so good that Chez Yasmine’s loyal customers will resere these dishes in advance! Served with potatoes, carrots, turnips, zucchini, and more topped with a mild or spicy sauce, this hearty dish will transport you to Tunisia in one bite.
- Alexa’s Love/Swedish Berry Salad: A beautiful and light combination of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwis, and more sprinkled with freshly chopped mint and rose water!
Penn alum and Chief Schmearer Dave Fine created Schmear It after noticing a lack of quality bagels on campus. It is the first and only food truck serving bagels with personalized schmears while creating social good. The truck features a social cause each week donating a portion of profits to the featured organization. The truck’s location varies —follow the Schmear It via Twitter @SchmearIt and on Facebook.
- Whole wheat everything bagel, “scooped out” to save calories!
- Try their vegan spreads like caramelized onion hummus and vegan cream cheese.
- Add fresh fruits (strawberries, bananas) and vegetables (cucumbers) to satisfy any sweet or savory craving.
- P.S. Dave is always trying out new choices so look out for Greek yogurt cream cheese or the tahini based apple cinnamon spread.
MAGIC CARPET FOODS
Family owned and operated since 1984, Magic Carpet Foods serves whole-world vegetarian and vegan delights. Their foods incorporate American (New), Cajun/Creole, Greek and Mediterranean, Indian/Pakistani, Mexican, Middle Eastern cuisines. Arguable the most popular food truck in University City, people line up by the dozens to eat their delicious meals. Their two trucks (one on the corner of 34th and Walnut, the other on Spruce Street between 35th and 36th) operate from 11am-3pm. Follow their Facebook for updates and daily specials.
- Cold days call for their vegetarian chili (with cheese and hot sauce) or their daily soup specials.
- Pick your own garden salad with your choice of Falafel, Tofu, Tempeh or Seitan.
- Their vegan and gluten-free cookies are baked daily and a must-try!
JERRY’S FOOD TRUCK
Jerry’s Food Truck offers modern American food options for carnivores and vegans alike. Menus rotate seasonally to include fresh and local products. They specialize in party and event catering, with create-your-own style menus. When not catering, the truck can be found on Drexel’s campus on 33rd and Arch–follow their Facebook page for location updates and specials.
- Guac Toast (sourdough, chunky avocado, scallions, and lemon) takes avocado toast to a whole new level.
- Get your Philly food fix with original or vegan cheesesteak options.
- Their homemade granola (low-fat, vegan, gluten-free) can be bought online here!